New Lounger
    Thanks

IE 11 and Yahoo Mail

I have a problem with using the full features of the latest Yahoo email with IE 11. I called Yahoo tech support and them seem as clueless as I am. Here's the situation. I have Windows 7 running IE 11 on one desktop PC and the same on a laptop. The desktop is running the full feature version of Yahoo mail fine. When I try to upgrade the basic Yahoo mail to the full feature version on the laptop it just ignores it and continues with the basic version. I checked the compatibility and internet configurations and both the desktop and laptop match. The only difference is the laptop is about 4 years old and the desktop is 2 about years old. There must be something very simple but for the life of me I can't see it. Did anyone encounter this problem and how did you solve it?

Thanks
    I have heard of some issues with IE 11 running under Windows 7. You might try to uninstall IE 11, getting back to IE 10 or whatever you had prior to going with 11.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

Oldtechie (2014-09-04)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I tried that but no success. I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the laptop.

Thanks
    Have you tried using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome?
    Fact of Life:

“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.”
    Terry Pratchett

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes. But Chrome has some problems too. It allows the full feature version but it has a quork where the picture doesn't display properly unless you hit the symbol on the left side. Then it displays correctly.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well I can't explain what happened but the new version of yahoo mail is working in IE 11. One of the techs did tell me that he had the same problem and let it go for a few days and it magically went to the new version. Go figure.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Different network settings on different machines may be confusing the issue. Worth a look ?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Arvidson View Post
    Different network settings on different machines may be confusing the issue. Worth a look ?
    Hmm, worth a look but I don't think I changed any network seetings on either machine.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtechie View Post
    Hmm, worth a look but I don't think I changed any network seetings on either machine.
    Sure enough but different machines different network cards different drivers. Sometimes networks cook for a long time before delivering expected result !

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem. It was caused by an add-on program from Luth Research (SurveySavvy). When I disabled the add-on , the issue went away. You may want to check all of your add-on programs and disable any that you are not sure of one by one and then reopen Yahoo mail to see if it reverts back to normal (mine did). To do this open IE, go to Tools ->Manage add-ons and go through the list disabling anything that you suspect and then re-enable any that do not cause an issue.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by headhntr View Post
    I had a similar problem. It was caused by an add-on program from Luth Research (SurveySavvy). When I disabled the add-on , the issue went away. You may want to check all of your add-on programs and disable any that you are not sure of one by one and then reopen Yahoo mail to see if it reverts back to normal (mine did). To do this open IE, go to Tools ->Manage add-ons and go through the list disabling anything that you suspect and then re-enable any that do not cause an issue.
    I did disable the add-ons but no luck. It's still a mystery why it is working now.

Thanks
    Yahoo Mail can be really screwy since they started with the Beta version some time ago and keep messing with it. I finally got tired of them breaking things and went back to the Basic version which, overall, I like better anyway. In my frustrations with the newer versions I discovered along the way that clearing the Yahoo Mail cookies can fix your sort of problem in many cases.

The reason it magically fixed itself was that at some point the cookie finally got updated. It's happened to me, and how I figured out it was possibly a cookie problem.
    Last edited by MRCS; 2014-09-12 at 23:07.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCS View Post
    Yahoo Mail can be really screwy since they started with the Beta version some time ago and keep messing with it. I finally got tired of them breaking things and went back to the Basic version which, overall, I like better anyway. In my frustrations with the newer versions I discovered along the way that clearing the Yahoo Mail cookies can fix your sort of problem in many cases.

The reason it magically fixed itself was that at some point the cookie finally got updated. It's happened to me, and how I figured out it was possibly a cookie problem.
    You could be right. That is probably the only reasonable explanation that could explain the magical fix.