New Lounger
    Thanks

Thunderbird displays incorrectly

I have been using Thunderbird for a while now, but have an issue with the "From" information displayed. For instance I get breaking news, daily headlines, obituaries and recipes from our local newspaper. In Windows Live Mail, it shows the from line as Paper Breaking News, Paper Daily Headlines, Paper Obituaries, and Paper Food Recipes (Paper is the name for our local newspaper I used for this example). In Thunderbird, it shows everything as being from Paper Breaking News. I am baffled as to how to correct this so it shows the correct from information. Does anyone know how to fix this, or is it not fixable. Please advise.
    Last edited by JoeP517; 2014-09-03 at 11:19. Reason: changed FF to Tbird

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I didn't know Firefox has an E-Mail Client. Mozilla does have Thunderbird E-Mail Client and also SeaMonkey browser which does have a built-in E-Mail Client.

Windows Live Mail is an installable program so I'd have to ask if you are using Online/Webmail, a site or page provided by your ISP.

If it's strictly a Webmail thing it could be how Firefox is displaying it. I have problems with my IMAP E-Mail provided by my Domain Host service on Firefox 31, had to revert back to Firefox 30. And the problem exists in Firefox 31 on WinVista, Win7, Win8.1 and Mac OS X 10. My Domain Host has responded to my problem by saying a number of their clients have problems with Firefox 31 and they also have a trouble ticket with Mozilla.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Berton, I hope it's OK if I offer a suggestion.

A guess would be that the address is in your Thunderbird address book and has the "display name" Paper Breaking News. If so, all mail from that address will show, in its brief headers in the message pane, a From line of Paper Breaking News.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It is and your were correct. Since I have email in Window's Live Mail as well, I was able to determine the correct email address for each different subject although it's a pain to have to have a separate contact for each one in my Thunderbird address book. Hopefully my reply makes sense. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by iTobaman View Post
    Berton, I hope it's OK if I offer a suggestion.

A guess would be that the address is in your Thunderbird address book and has the "display name" Paper Breaking News. If so, all mail from that address will show, in its brief headers in the message pane, a From line of Paper Breaking News.