3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Ro aming\PeerNetworking

This folder has a lot of files that go back to 5/29. Nothing before for some unknown reason. I run Ccleaner regularly and the program hangs a little on this folder. A little over 4MB of data is removed. I know I can probably turn off the log file check and speed up Ccleaner. This folder has over 17,000 folders and >22,000 files.

This is a stand alone single user PC not connected to a network and used mostly for internet. Are all of these records necessary. There are over 8GB of them.

Thanks

Thanks
    The system looks like it may have once been part of a shared network.
    If it is not anymore you may disable it's services; Homegroup and Peer Networking Grouping.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I checked the services you suggested and all were set to manual startup. However all of the services are started so something in Windows is starting them. I checked and I have no homegroup. I checked my sharing and found network discovery turned on so I turned it off. Everything else looked appropriate. Perhaps the network discovery setting is activating the peer and homegroup services. I will check after the next boot.

Once I get this straightened out, will it be OK to delete the multitudes of records kept since 5/29?

I have included some captures:

On the top is a capture of some of the folders created every minute the PC is on I am guessing. Inside this folder is another folder with a cryptic name. Inside that is a folder called "Grouping" and inside that is the 4 files pictured on the lower capture. All of them are just like this except for the cryptic names.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    You should be able to delete all the folders & files.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply's. My reboot did not stop the services from loading so I stopped and disabled them and the logging then stopped. I did a folder rename for the Peernetworking folder to be on the safe side before deletion. Will see what happens on the next boot. I may leave a couple small files from 2010 that were created when the PC was activated.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    The only three files in that folder on this PC are idstore.sst, idstore.sst.lkg, & idstore.sst.new.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    After my folder rename and turning off the services, a new folder was not created so I felt confident deleting these old records. I did not have the lkg file but kept the other 2 mentioned and corrected the folder name.

Thanks to all that helped. It is nice to get rid of 8GB of useless data.