New Lounger
    Thanks

Tool to display all important Word file locations?

Once upon a time, I recall seeing an Office or Word utility, or VBA macro or template, that would display all the important file locations used by Word (and other Office applications?). Not just the Default and AutoRecover locations shown in Word Options Save; not just the File Locations dialog under Word Options Advanced General; not just the Trusted Locations shown in the Trust Center under Word Options Trust Center Settings. But all of those, and also where custom dictionaries are stored, where the AutoCorrect file is stored, where the Quick Access Toolbar file is stored, where Normal.dotm is located, and more. (Not where things are normally stored by default; I need to know about a specific user's current settings, which may have been changed from the defaults.)

I've searched the Web now for hours, and cannot find anything like this. Does anyone remember this besides me? Can anyone tell me where to find such a tool? I'm trying to help a user with a Word problem, and I think it involves a network file location. But I cannot walk him through all of those different Word option dialogs, asking him to send me every path name. And some of those file locations are hard to find in the user interface, and they don't seem to be in a central location in the registry.

Any ideas, anyone? Please? Sande

Thanks
    See Key file locations. I do not know of the tool you are speaking about.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There is also this tool from Nirsoft, this shows the full path of each Office add-ins: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/officeins.htm

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    That has nothing to do with the file locations you mentioned in your first post, though. I've never heard of a utility for that and, unless it has been updated since Office 2003, such a report would be quite incomplete.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]