New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Inbox (XP)

Have Windows and Office XP installed. In Outlook XP I manage my received emails @ Inbox in the Folder List need to transfer them to another computer, where are they in Outlook XP?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Inbox (XP)

Hi dougui,

You haven't stated whether you use an Exchange server or not, so I will assume that you are working in a stand-alone type configuration.

If this is the case your emails will all be located within your Outlook.pst file stored on your HDD. The path to the data file should be something like this :

<drive>ocuments and Settings<user>Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst

Naturally you will need to replace the drive and user variables with the correct ones from your configuration. If you place this data file on a drive that is accessible by the other machine, you should then be able to import the data file to the new machine through the File menu and Import and Export option.

Hope this is of some help.

Thanks

Re: Outlook Inbox (XP)

If you only want to transfer a number of emails you could create another .pst file:

Tools | Email accounts | View or Change Existing Accounts
    Select New Outlook Data file, then accept the deafult .pst type, then create a new .pst file.
    This will then appear in your folder list.
    Copy the posts you want to your new .pst file then either close Outlook or right_click the new .pst folder in the Folder list and close it - Outlook will balk at letting you copy a .pst file if it has it open.

I use this method to 'archive' mails from customers on a yearly basis - moving rather than copying the emails. I can always open the .pst file again to refer to previous correspondence and it keeps my main .pst file slim and trim.