2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Post Catalyst Control Centre: Host has stopped working

I keep getting a message saying "Catalyst Control Centre: Host has stopped working". Can anybody tell me what this means; and how to fix the problem please?
    Casso

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Casso,

Catalyst Control Center is for ATI graphic adapters. You can download the latest version for your graphics adapter here.

Make sure you uninstall the previous version in Add/Remove Programs first. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply RG. What does ATI stand for? I have checked out the following:
    Display Adapters.PNG
    Which one is relevant? Also I have gone to "Uninstall Programs" and come up with this:
    Display002.PNG
    Can you advise which one (or more) I will have to uninstall please?
    I have "Driver Detective" on my laptop (where this problem is); would running it assist?
    Regards
    Casso

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    PS to my last post: Sorry about the size of the 2nd image, that is the way it came out here. I am thinking the one to uninstall is AMD Catalyst Install Manager - which coincidently is dated 9-9-2014. Could this be the "culprit".
    Casso
    PPS: I have just been to the AMD site in your link above - I am totally lost there as to what to download. Could you exercise you patience and give me some instructions once in that site please?
    A Grateful Casso
    Last edited by casso; 2014-09-11 at 19:56.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    ATI is now AMD.

I use AMD and when checking for any updates, I run the Auto Detect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool and that will list the best driver for you to download, unless it says that you are up to date, in which case it won't give you any.

If it gives you one to download, hit the Download button and eventually you will be presented with the option of Express or Custom Install.

Choose the Custom and it will tell you which to select, but I just hit the Select All button and wait for it to do its thing - I don't normally uninstall anything but in All Programs you will see AMD Catalyst Control Center which you could right click on and select Delete if the auto detect doesn't give you a download.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Casso,

Sorry I was offline for a while. Follow Sudo's advice and you should be fine. Be careful not to download Updates for your Video drivers from Windows Update! Always go to the manufacturer's site for the latest updates. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to RG & to Sudo15. Sudo15's suggestion worked fine and a new driver was provided by the auto detect tool. All seems to be working ok now. I did not uninstall either, just ran the auto detect tool. Thanks again.
    Casso

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Glad that worked out for you and Thanks for the update.