Lounger
    Thanks

Allowing switching from mobile to main website where redirecting policy exists

Hello,

Iíve build a mobile website and have added user-agent detection to my main site, all works well however, Iíd like to add a link on each site (main and mobile) to override the redirect policy and allow the user to switch to the other site if they wish.

I have no formal training in web design and just muddle through, any help on how to achieve this would be very much appreciated.

Also, the mobile site is not optimised Ė if I were to simply copy the keywords from the relevant pages of the main site would this impact on the page ranking?

Thanks in advance

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    To allow the user to choose which site requires you either set a cookie or a session variable that your web code can check. If you use a cookie you need to make it a session only cookie, unless you want the option to persist between visits.

cheers, Paul

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Happy Larry (2014-09-12)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    To allow the user to choose which site requires you either set a cookie or a session variable that your web code can check. If you use a cookie you need to make it a session only cookie, unless you want the option to persist between visits.

cheers, Paul
    Thanks Paul, I'll do some research on cookies and session variable

Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, Iíve opted for making a copy of the main siteís index page, renaming it and deleting the user-agent detection code. I put a link on my mobile site to this new page Ė it might sound a bit clunky but allís good!

Any advice on copying the keywords from the relevant pages of the main site to the mobile site and the impact this may have on the overall page ranking?