New Lounger
    Ottawa ON Canada

Switch User Icon/arrow

I have lost my icon normally found near the top and to the left of the profile picture allowing the user to change user accounts. I have edited the fast user login settings in gedit. This does work and toggles the menu options but does not bring back the arrow icon.

This happened due to my own error. I had locked myself out of the admin accounts and used a program to extract and alter my registry. This process allowed me to edit my admin account but in the process lost the "change user" arrow.

I suspect that this is a registry setting, but . . . does anyone know which reg key this could be? Does anyone even understand about what I am talking?

Polk County, Florida
    The registry key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. The logon is handled by system accounts in ProfileList. The user accounts are listed after the system accounts (they have extended key names, groups of numbers). They get called when a particular user logs on.

I recently had to get my Windows 7 logon straightened out. But I don't have the particulars for your situation. Google is your friend.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows