Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Login incorrect after last update restart

I have my wife's system set to automatically install updates. After last week's updates, the lock screen comes up. When I enter the password for her account, I get a password is incorrect error. She texted me the password, just to make sure that I had it correct and I did. When I set up her system, the account is a Local User account, not a MS account.

No, I did not create a password reset CD. In a gazillion years, this is the first time that I needed it. Lots of backups, but I need to login to access those. <sigh>

Suggestions?
    Don
    Don
    Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5-490K 3.5GHz, Intel HD Graphics, 8GBRAM, 350GB SSD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Don,

Download the Offline NT Password Reset Disk on another machine and create a bootable CD/USB key.

Boot from the created media and just follow the prompts and CLEAR the password don't try to reset it, that can be accomplished once you can get into Windows. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

bonalba (2014-09-18)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks RG. I will do that. My wife called (she is out of town). It turns out that the little Gear Head keyboard gets funky when Key Num lock is on. The characters above the number keys are not accessible. So, I found the Num lock key and turned it off. Voila' the password worked.
    Don
    Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5-490K 3.5GHz, Intel HD Graphics, 8GBRAM, 350GB SSD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DonH. For This Useful Post:

bonalba (2014-09-18)