New Lounger
    Thanks

File permissions change when folder moved

I have moved a large amount of user available files from one windows file server 2008R2 to a new file server 2012 running DFS. I used the best practice method with robocopy with all the necessary options including /copyall of course. All of the documents that belong to the microsoft office family open and are editable no problem once you client on edit in the top task bar. But, I have a large quantity of Open Office documents that will only allow users to open as read only. I can not find any reason for this behavior. Ive checked and double checked the permissions etc.

Any ideas on the reason for this?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you checked the share permissions? As it's a new server with a new share you probably forgot to set full access for everyone - we've all done it.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Have you checked the share permissions? As it's a new server with a new share you probably forgot to set full access for everyone - we've all done it.

cheers, Paul
    I checked this and they were okay. In the interim I checked out another possible cause. It all works now, There was a process that turned all OO documents as read only. I corrected this and now they open as normal.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    What sort of process makes OO docs read only?

cheers, Paul