New Lounger
    Thanks

How to Fix javaw.exe error

Hello,

I was making updates to Java when it indicated that I needed to close all the other programs that I was using.
    I'm not running any other programs. How do I fix this?
    The updates will not be able to run its course if its not fixed. What is javaw.exe. and how can I possibly close the programs that are 'supposedly' running?
    Life's good when you behave. Walk well...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It could be programs that are in your Startup menu.

Try the update again in Safe Mode with Networking.

Thanks
    Are you sure you closed the browser you used to download the Java update? Sometimes it takes awhile for the browser to completely shut down.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mhansomme View Post
    The updates will not be able to run its course if its not fixed. What is javaw.exe. and how can I possibly close the programs that are 'supposedly' running?
    Does the installer say that javaw.exe is running and needs to be stopped first? And you don't know what javax.exe is? javaw.exe is used to run desktop Java applications that display windows (as opposed to java.exe which is more for command line Java apps). If the installer is asking you to stop javaw.exe, and you are not sure which of your programs is using it, open Task Manager, go to the utilities tab, find javaw.exe, select if an click the End Task button. (If, on doing this, you notice one of your apps disappear, you'll know that that app was written in Java.)