Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Nvidia High Definition Audio Driver

I have just installed Nvidia Graphics Driver 344.11 on my Win 7 64 bit partition. Before doing so I uninstalled the previous version with Revo Uninstaller Pro, then searched for remaining items with the Everything program and deleted them, and finally manually deleted all the relevant registry items Registry Editor found.

I chose to install just the graphics driver, and unchecked the other install options.

The only problem I have is that Device Manager lists Nvidia High Definition Audio Driver 4 times, and when I choose uninstall, although the "Do you really want to uninstall..." warning pops up, which I obviously say yes to, the 4 items are still listed in Device Manager.

How do I get rid of the 4 items?

Reverting to regedit, I could not delete items described as "Device description" in the right hand pane.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Does it have a box to check for include software when you attempt the Uninstall in Device Manager ?

If that isn't checked then Windows will reinstall it.

Which audio adapter are you using instead as video drivers can include audio when the video driver is also the "chipset".

If the above didn't work then select Disable.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-09-19 at 18:57.

Thanks
    If you have no desire to use the GPU's built-in HD Audio, DON'T uninstall it, just disable them in device manager instead.
    If you uninstall or delete them they will just keep coming back after every system re-start.

It's a hardware device built into the card. You can't uninstall or delete it.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2014-09-19 at 23:17.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

bassfisher6522 (2014-09-20)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo15, One of the items had the option to include software.

I am using the latest Realtek HD Audio Driver.

CLiNT, I have disabled them.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread