New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Questions About Cryptowall

What exactly are these thugs exploiting?
    Why has it not been patched?
    Can I safely blame MS for this?
    or is it something/someone else?
    Yes I already read Bleeping Computer's info
    Yesterday, I blew a customer off because I did not want a another Crypto job
    I live in an area where there is a computer shop every five miles...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It is Ransomware, some pages to read about it including the one you've already read:
    https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.EXCyj1ILPMo

Why should Microsoft be singled out for blame? As with any of the available Operating Systems there's someone somewhere just waiting to cause havoc for the users, just because there's been no widespread problems with the others doesn't mean they won't be hit. Same for cellphones. And it may never be known for sure from who or from where. There's no way to know ahead of time what new infection will hit which OS. Also it's important to know that, as with SPAM, it takes only a minor change to elude the very things intended to fix or avoid the problem.

Yesterday, I blew a customer off because I did not want a another Crypto job
    Haven't seen any issues yet but it's nice when I can make some money from fixing such things. Attitude is everything if a person wants to have a successful business no matter how large or small.
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-09-20 at 15:17.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    It is Ransomware, some pages to read about it including the one you've already read:
    https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.EXCyj1ILPMo

Why should Microsoft be singled out for blame? As with any of the available Operating Systems there's someone somewhere just waiting to cause havoc for the users, just because there's been no widespread problems with the others doesn't mean they won't be hit. Same for cellphones. And it may never be known for sure from who or from where. There's no way to know ahead of time what new infection will hit which OS. Also it's important to know that, as with SPAM, it takes only a minor change to elude the very things intended to fix or avoid the problem.

Haven't seen any issues yet but it's nice when I can make some money from fixing such things. Attitude is everything if a person wants to have a successful business no matter how large or small.

OK?
    I still prefer not to get involved with buying Bitcoins and paying ransome on behalf of the customer