New Lounger
    Thanks

Not being allowed to run Kaspersky IS 2014

Hi, I've been battling the "Ordinal 459 missing from the urlmon .dll library" and at best have been coming second, so I ran Repair Windows (Tweaking.com) which seemed to have worked a treat, until I realised that my KIS 2014 wasn't running and I just can't seem to change that. Despite my so-called status of Administrator, I can't change Windows Firewall for the K'sky one which was all set up before running the repair. I even tried logging on with the 'super user' administrator account, but the same thing happened, I can't seem to get at any UAC settings either so I'm all out of self-help options and here I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated, hope to hear from 'you' soon. Nearly forgot, I have W7 Home Basic (for my sins) which I don't think is very common, so I thought I'd better mention it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you tried reinstalling KIS 2014 after using its uninstaller, but for any problems caused by Tweaking.com you should register on the forum at www.tweaking.com and let Shane have a look at it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for your quick reply, appreciated. Is it possible there could be a more idiot-proof, less likely to fail solution? Maybe getting Windows to accept what is a totally legit program that coexisted just fine before, or a UAC or permissions "spell" you could pass on? PLEASE don't think I'm questioning you, that would be ridiculous, it's just that I remember installing KIS and my natural talent for turning a quick chore into a career was painfully evident. If that is what you think best I'll do it, I can take the rest of the week off work, but I thought I'd ask just in case. Thanks for your time.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Did you disable KIS and perform a clean boot before running WR as well as creating the registry back up and restore points you could revert with ?

This will restore the Ordinal 459 missing error but if you know which program it relates to, reinstalling it should restore the file.

You haven't said if this error pops up when running a particular program or if it's video related.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Sudo, Shane's having a look at things so thanks for suggesting he take a look, I'll get back to you when I know what's going on.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SiCo View Post
    Hi Sudo, Shane's having a look at things so thanks for suggesting he take a look, I'll get back to you when I know what's going on.
    I'll be able to follow your thread on there as I'm also an active member although under a different username, but I'm sure others on here will be interested in your update.