New Lounger
    Thanks

Relative path hyperlinks (Office 2K / NT4)

I wish to insert hyperlinks into O2K documents. The links are to other documents on our local network.

In O97 I would have ticked the 'Use relative path for hyperlink' checkbox and everything would have been just fine.

O2K does not give me that relative path option (so far as I can see at least) and so my colleagues can not use the hyperlink when I send them the document - the path has my username in the address.

What am I missing / doing wrong !!

Thank you in advance,

Glenn.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Relative path hyperlinks (Office 2K / NT4)

Don't panic, try it once again:
    Highlight the word(s) you want to add hyperlink, press Ctrl-K, click File button, on the next screen from "Look in" drop-down menu choose Network Neighborhood, then, if you don't see the server you need choose Microsoft Windows Network (or NetWare Servers, if you use Novell), then Workgroup (if it is your workgroup's name) then your server, drive, folder(s), file. Click OK, OK. If you don't see your server, contact your LAN administrator.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, my problem is not with seeing the server (I can) but the fact that the address placed in the hyperlink is specific to me - it includes my username. Thus when I send the document to a colleague she/he can't use the hyperlink to access the document.

In O97 I would click the checkbox and the relative path address would be inserted (i.e. without my username). What I can't find is the way to do this in O2K.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know why there doesn't seem to be a relative path button, but I've noticed that if you haven't yet saved the file then it puts in a full path name, otherwise defaults to a relative name.

Also, I get around the full link name problem by editing it - that is - highlight the link, Press Shift-F9 to show the field - then fix it.

Hope this helps.

Margaret

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Margaret I'll try that.

Best regards,

Glenn.