New Lounger
    Thanks

Installing Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional

Hello,

My wife's PC HDD crashed so I'm in the process of installing the software back on. While installing Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional I get a Error 1310. Error writing to file C:\program files (x86)\adobe\acrobat 7\active x\acroPDF.DEU. Verify you have access to that directory. When I look at the permissions I only have read access to that directory even though I have administrator access. Tried to change the permissions but it's greyed out and won't let me do it. Anybody come across this problem and how did you solve it? I'm using the software downloaded from adobe.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Sometimes one has to right-click the install file, such as autorun.exe or setup.exe, and choose Run as administrator to get around such issues.

One problem I've seen with Acrobat is it won't install or activate if Adobe has it on record as already installed the number of times allowed. Also, under Help there's a Deactivate item when wanting to move it to a different computer or reinstalling but since the computer crashed that isn't a choice and you may end up calling Adobe if it won't activate.
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-09-23 at 20:07.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

Oldtechie (2014-09-24)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried it but no luck. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You may have to do as Berton has suggested and contact Adobe.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried several suggestions with no success so sounds like a call to adobe is the next thing.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Found another thread that was discussing this issue. They suggested a work around that worked. Rename the folder that is causing the problem and create a new one with the same name. Did the install again and it seemed to work. Strange way of doing an install.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    One problem I've seen with Acrobat is it won't install or activate if Adobe has it on record as already installed the number of times allowed.
    Don't know if this applies to Oldtechie's copy, but Adobe shut down the activation servers awhile ago for several Adobe products, including Acrobat 7. If he hasn't already done so, I believe Oldtechie would need to download a replacement version of Acrobat 7 with activation-free license code.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/p...-end-life.html

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dg1261 View Post
    Don't know if this applies to Oldtechie's copy, but Adobe shut down the activation servers awhile ago for several Adobe products, including Acrobat 7. If he hasn't already done so, I believe Oldtechie would need to download a replacement version of Acrobat 7 with activation-free license code.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/p...-end-life.html
    Yes I was aware of the activation server being shutdown. I downloaded the file from their site and used it to install Acrobat 7. That's the version that was giving the problem. But it's solved now and seems to be working fine.