5 Star Lounger
    Seattle, WA

Monitor/protect your kids with MS Family Safety

Monitor/protect your kids with MS Family Safety

By Tony Bradley

Our kids have virtually unlimited access to information and entertainment with the tap of a screen or the click of a mouse.
    And that's not a good thing; here's a tool that lets parents take some control of what kids see and do on the Web.

The full text of this column is posted at (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Something on a similar vein: I had my MS Account and my Lumia 930 Phone with all the Contacts thereon. I then upgraded to the Lumia 1530 and passed the 930 down to my wife and, of course, all my zillio9nbs of contacts I use in my work!
    This confused her so I sat "and cleaned out her Contacts"to the bare minimum she requires only to find that I have now also killed all my contacts.

She was set up as an Alias.

I had to remove her as the alias and create a NEW MS account for her but with a modified email address as the one she was using on my account stays unusable for 30 days!

And then I had to try and suck all my contacts from pre Lumia phones as the "Back-up" of the 930 was also trimmed!

What is the use of having a "Family" account if my wife and myself must have the same contacts lists!

Must be all parents are single parents in the states!??