Thanks

dmp file question

My system, win 7 Pro 64 bit, 32 MB memory.
    All seems to run well with the exception of Adobe Photoshop CS2 ver. 9 which all of a sudden ( since WU in either aug. or sept. ) seems to be struggling. Yesterday when trying to save an edited photo, I got a message that win explorer had stopped running and did I want to restart it ( which I did ).
    When I run CCleaner, it now shows a 3 MB dmp file at C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\CrashDump\explorer.exe. 3236.dmp
    Should I just delete it since I can't read it anyway?
    Photoshop has worked fine since I installed it on 3/2013 until the windows updates I mentioned. I ran sfc /scannow and no problems were found.
    Thanks for any help

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you gone to Control Panel | System and Security | Action Center | Maintenance and click on "Check for Solutions"? That will report the Explorer problem to Microsoft and upload the dmp file if you let it.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

lumpy95 (2014-09-25)

Thanks
    No I didn't Joe. I hadn't thought about that, I'll give it a try shortly.
    Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    The dmp file may still be there after the process but then you can delete it. I generally send all files to Microsoft with error reports. I figure the more information they get the better the debugging results will be and the better the product will be in the long run.

Joe

Thanks
    Unfortunately it doesn't find that dmp when I check for solutions. It found another problem ( a video dmp problem ) that was unrelated and when I clicked on submit, it says there is a problem connecting to windows error reporting, try later.
    When I click on view reliability history, it shows it as a red x so I clicked on that and it looked for a solution but there wasn't one and there was no link to send the error.action ctr 1.JPG
    Last edited by lumpy95; 2014-09-25 at 13:07. Reason: added image

Administrator
    Thanks
    Yeah, I've seen that error too. I generally try it over the course of a few days to a week then just give up and delete the files if it is still unsuccessful.

Joe

Thanks
    I guess that's what I'll end up doing. Everytime I have ever used that process, I have gotten the same results about no connection.
    I'm really puzzled by the Photoshop thing though. It was running just fine until after the windows updates so something must have triggered a slowdown in Photoshop that evidently causes windows explorer to crash. I may try uninstalling it and reinstalling it to see if that helps.
    Thanks for the suggestion Joe, I had forgotten about the action ctr.