Thanks

Any good but simple reminder software in 64 bits?

The quite old and FREE reminder tool "Remind Me!", from PC-Magic Software Inc. (www.pc-magic.com) shows "Days to Event", "Event Date, "Lead Time", and "Code".

- “Code” to which you can add several conditions for every new event "How many days in advance do you wish to be notified?”.
    - “Event Dates”. where you can use the "Actual Date" for every event, such as Feb.23, the 15th of every month, the last day in September...
    - “Day of Week”. Every Thursday; the 4th Wednesday in April; the 2nd Friday of each month…
    - “Projected”: 90 days from today…

I am not sure, but I use this fantastic free reminder for quite a long time, maybe for the last 20 years.
    It is small, simple, not sophisticated, but it works. I put it to start with Windows, and its window is the one that I look first, every morning.
    Now that I upgraded to Win8.1(64bits) from Win7(32bits), it doesn’t work anymore.

Are there good replacements for this fabulous reminder software that runs in 64 bits environment?

Any help will be welcome.
    Cheers,
    Flores
    Both me and my Windows edition speak brazilian portuguese.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I use UK's Kalender. It's not quite as simple but it is reliable and free.

cheers, Paul

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    From the site posted the problem may be the file mentioned here:
    http://www.pc-magic.com/dl.htm#rm

Remind Me!- 00.07 - 137K

You must have VBRUN300.DLL in your \WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder. If you don't have it then download VBRUN300.ZIP and extract it into your \WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder.

Please - click here - to download Remind Me!

To install, just run the downloaded file: wrm.exe

Vista users: Run the installation program, and the program itself as Admin by right clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator"
    That file does not exist on my Win8.1 default installation nor on my Win7 default installations, both 64-bit so I don't know if it will run on them. That's a very old system file [1993] and ran on 16-bit Windows 3.11 and earlier, maybe on Win95 through WinME. The 64-bit versions of Windows have problems with 16-bit applications.
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-09-27 at 11:48.

Thanks

Any good, but SIMPLE reminder software in 64 bits?

...... nor on my Win7 default installations, both 64-bit . That's a very old system file [1993] and ran on 16-bit Windows 3.11 and earlier, maybe on Win95 through WinME.
    Hello Berton,

See how old is this application? I'm sure that my original version is almost as old. It's so good and simple that I had never the urge to replace Remind.Me!!.

Now, it works perfectly on my old DELL Vostro 1510 notebook running Win7 (32bits)

I will be using this old and faithful laptop, as long as it works. In the meantime, I'm extending his life by warming up the screen with a hair dryer every morning. If not, the screen doesn't lights up.

I have also a brand new DELL (64bits) running Win8.1 that doesn't run Remind.Me!

That's why I am looking for his replacement, but all applications I've tried are much more complicated to use, and full of of goods I will never use.

Regards and thanks,

Flores
    Both me and my Windows edition speak brazilian portuguese.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately things like that happen. I used to use a Day Timer and had the DTO/Day Timer Organizer software but the firm discontinued it in 2000, can't use it on newer computers.