5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well it's official; it's going to be Windows 10

I guess too many Germans objected. lolololol

I say Windows X would be better if they just add the P at the end. It worked great the last time the two letters joined (heck, I'm typing this in my XP VM by golly).

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-chris...10-7000034196/

Thanks
    D@** 9 is my lucky number, I had hope for W9.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe so, but in German, 9 has a completely different meaning then a number wavy. lolol

Thanks
    Not?
    Last edited by wavy; 2014-10-03 at 12:18.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lylejk View Post
    Maybe so, but in German, 9 has a completely different meaning then a number wavy. lolol

Especially when you put a 6 in front of it - or did you mean nein

When you pronounce nine in German it's noin and spelt neun.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-10-01 at 03:45.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sounds the same to me Sudo15. lolololol

Don't forget, it's all about marketing. Remember the NOVA; it didn't sell very well in Mexico. lol

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I guess too many Germans objected. lolololol

I say Windows X would be better if they just add the P at the end. It worked great the last time the two letters joined (heck, I'm typing this in my XP VM by golly).

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-chris...10-7000034196/

i think they skipped 9 to have an excuse not to update win8 users to something decent for free

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball View Post
    i think they skipped 9 to have an excuse not to update win8 users to something decent for free
    I think by now it is fairly evident that M$ wanted to distance the next version of Windows as far as possible from the Win8/8.1 debacle (like we needed another Vista? not).

From what I have seen of Win10TP so far it looks promising. Fair consideration for users of conventional keyboard/mouse systems (missing in Win8, and to a large extent in 8.1), along with consideration for touchscreen users.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    2 things that I wonder. How much is the upgrade going to cost me, and, if it will truly be an upgrade and not an uninstall/install situation since my system didn't come with recovery disks (have external backup as image).

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    2 things that I wonder. How much is the upgrade going to cost me, and, if it will truly be an upgrade and not an uninstall/install situation since my system didn't come with recovery disks (have external backup as image).
    If yours is an OEM build then have a look in the vendor's folder in All Programs - there's usually a facility to create a one off set of Recovery Disks which will factory reset when used, so your external system image (which should include the Recovery D: partition if applicable) would be the first one to use if needed.

I should think MS will have to put an Upgrade Advisor together, but given the problems with Win 8/8.1, it may be best to wait awhile to see what problems are being reported after upgrading.

Thanks
    Even if the Windows 10 upgrade requires a clean install, you won't need the install disks from your old OS. There are rumors that Windows 10 may be a free upgrade from Windows 8.1. If past history is any guide, it will be a low cost upgrade ($30 or less) from Windows 7/Vista/XP for a short time after it is released.

Jerry