5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fall from sky, meet scary pig, tell the tale

WACKY WEB WEEK

Fall from sky, meet scary pig, tell the tale

By Kathleen Atkins
    Sounds mythic, doesn't it? But the faller from the sky, lander in the pigpen, and survivor of the attentions of the resident hog isn't a person (or Greek demigod) but a camera. Thanks to the farmer who found the camera eight months after it landed, we can see the camera's adventure it was already running before someone dropped it. We don't see its eight months of exile in the pigpen. That's probably just as well.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/wacky-web-week/fall-from-sky-meet-scary-pig-tell-the-tale/ (free content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think that this is a clever fake. A GoPro weighs about 8 ounces; a small aircraft like this rarely flies above 10,000 feet; I think an 8 oz object would not take close to a minute to fall from that height. I submitted the video to Snopes for review.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kfreyermuth View Post
    I think that this is a clever fake. A GoPro weighs about 8 ounces; a small aircraft like this rarely flies above 10,000 feet; I think an 8 oz object would not take close to a minute to fall from that height. I submitted the video to Snopes for review.
    I have a new science term for you: Air Resistance. (for the object carrying the cam, not so much the cam itself).
    Last edited by bobprimak; 2014-10-07 at 14:30.
    -- Bob Primak --

Silver Lounger
    Thanks