Thanks

Problem with laptop

My wife's laptop refuses to open. That is, I can't physically get the screen to move more than a few degrees and I can't see anything stopping it. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I had thought to remove the various screws from underneath it - is this wise?

Thanks

Thanks

Possibly some little something broke off inside. Many dis-assembly diagrams are available online. "Service manual" or "dis-assembly" with the model in google may be some help.
    Best of luck.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Thanks wavy, however this morning when I tried (ever the optimist!) it opened, a little bit sticky but it opened. It's now getting long in the tooth and I'm trying to get my wife to let me buy her a new one (and a tablet as well....)
    But I'll look for the diagrams as well - the screen flickers when you move it (has for a while) so the connections are a bit ropey. Just making sure it's fully backed up now.....

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Flickering when you move the screen is usually because of a damaged/loose Inverter cable, so disassembly/repair instructions will assist you in resolving that.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-10-02 at 06:24.

Thanks
    wife to let me buy her a new one (and a tablet as well....)

Ealier this week a co-worker had a nice little notebook running a "full" version of W8 w/ clip on keyboard and touch screen that he bought for ~2 bills to learn W8, I was considering it until I decided to try WX on my new system and just by pass 8.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    WX to me is weather. What are 2 bills? And I'll be passing up on Win 10 if it forces me back to that horrid XP/Vista?7 start menu.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's quite possible Wavy meant $200.00 - so he only had one (UK) "bill" to pay

We speak the same language separated by a pond

Thanks
    It's quite possible Wavy meant $200.00 - so he only had one (UK) "bill" to pay

Quite

David