New Lounger
    Thanks

Win7 Laptop Int speaker sound cuts off after random time, headset unaffected

Searched high and low for a solution to this, many others seem to have the same problem (on various makes of PC / laptop) but no solutions

Playing in any media app, the sound through my speakers cuts off after playing for a random time up to 2 minutes (but usually shorter)
    Pause the media playing for about 3 secs and it starts again, only to cut off again in the same random way
    Insert headset plug and immediately withdraw it - same thing happens as above

This is only with the speakers, all playback is normal through the headset

Been like it for about 4 weeks, previously was fine, but unfortunately I can't tie it down to any incident / update

Medion Akoya about 2 years old running Win7 64bit home premium
    Conexant Smartaudio HD (no driver updates available)

Any ideas gratefully received!!
    Mike

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    When the sound next cuts off go into Device Manager/Sound and right click on the audio device - under the General tab it will tell you if it's working okay or give an error code.

If it displays that it is working okay, check Event Viewer for related errors with a matching time stamp - but Posts 4 & 5 in http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ya-796834.html may also do it for you.

At first I thought you were double posting as the fault description is almost identical - until I saw the date stamps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

tartan_sand (2014-10-05)

Thanks
    As a long shot, check your speaker connections....

Jerry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

tartan_sand (2014-10-05)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried the suggestion to delete Conexant in the thread, it made no difference
    Also tried removing the key, that just made the audio "unknown" in device manager so put it back

Strangely, I loaded up an image from 2 months ago and the same problem was present but I'm sure that it only began a few weeks back (although my memory may be playing tricks!)

So back to my current image with the problem still there and judging from what I've seen on the web it looks like I'm stuck with it
    Maybe it is a hardware problem, I'll just use my headset

Thanks for trying though, appreciated
    Mike

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Did you check Device Manager to see if it gave a problem code when it stopped and have you checked Event Viewer for the time stamp errors ?