2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adding icon to "hidden icons" group

I would like to add an icon to the hidden icons group accessed by a small upright arrow on the lower right side of the task bar. I can move the icons already in there out and back again, but I don't know how to get a new icon in there. If I click customize to select which items appear on the task bar, the icon & behavior options are not there for the program I'm interested in adding.

Any help here?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Only applications that have been written specifically to appear in the Task Tray can be put there. If the programmer didn't include that function, there's little you can do.

Regards
    Gordon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dogknees For This Useful Post:

lodidad1 (2014-10-07)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As above but if it produces an icon then you can do it as described in http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...ification-area

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To: dogknees
    In view of your response, I deleted the program (MS Security Essentials) and re-installed it. Now it appears in the hidden icon group. Thanks for your suggestion.

To Sudo15: Your link was interesting, but the icon for the program wasn't in a position where it could be moved into the hidden file.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There's a difference between an icon and a Thumbnail which always appears in the system tray.

The free version of SuperAntiSpyware used to have an icon appear over by the arrow but the newer versions mustn't include the .Cpl file that is required to produce the icon.