Lounger
    Thanks

SFC /scannow & Secunia PSI

Secunia PSI is now useless to me. It won't even run. I wasted an hour trying to run it. It WAS a wonderful program until they decided to fix it.....grrrr. SFC /scannow runs but gives me a mysterious statement that something is wrong but then refers me to a log that is huge and impossible to read. Humbug!!! Such are the joys of computer maintenance. If anyone has any clue on how to get anything out of these programs I would love to hear from you. Well at least I feel better having complained. Have a nice day everyone.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Open a command prompt as an admin and enter findstr /c:"[SR]" Cannot %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log > 0 & notepad 0

This will open the CBS log in Notepad and list just those files that sfc /scannow was unable to repair.

Can you give us some details as to the OS and type of machine being used ?

And a good grump now and again never hurts anyone

Edit
    The command in http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-checker.html to give just the broken bits may work better.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-10-09 at 12:53.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Wow, I didn't really expect a reply. I will give these a try when I get home. Thanks for you kind reply. I have windows 8.1 Dell desktop Inspiron 3847. The Secunia thing seems to revolve around it making the statement that it thinks I am not connected to the internet but Email and facebook are connected fine as is everything else. Don't know why Secunia PSI can't hook up. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, hoping that might connect it up but no luck. I also made sure I was administrator. Its not essential I guess but I have been happy to use it in the past and was at 100% before I ran 3.0. Have a great day.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is it possible for you to roll back to a previous version of Secunia as just reinstalling will just reinstate the conflict if a newer version is the cause.

Event Viewer may have more info in a simpler form for any errors/corruption that has occurred.

Thanks
    The Secunia thing seems to revolve around it making the statement that it thinks I am not connected to the internet but Email and facebook are connected fine as is everything else. Don't know why Secunia PSI can't hook up. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, hoping that might connect it up but no luck. I also made sure I was administrator. Its not essential I guess but I have been happy to use it in the past and was at 100% before I ran 3.0. Have a great day.
    The only time I have run into that Secunia problem with 3.0, was when I installed MalwareBytes and when it scanned, it see's "pups" in Secunia. I deleted the "pups" and then Secunia kept saying that I wasn't connected to the internet.
    I ended up uninstalling both MalwareBytes & Secunia then reinstalled Secunia and it worked fine. When I reinstalled MalwareBytes I excluded Secunia in the options before scanning and all has been well ever since.
    Hope this helps.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, I think the malwarebytes idea might have merit. I would lose too much if I went back.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The idea was to roll Secunia back to a previous version which you may be able to do by right clicking on it in All Programs and selecting Restore previous versions, rather than use your restore points but if you can eliminate the conflict as Lumpy95 suggests, that would be better.

After you get that set up, run the sfc /scannow again to see if it still reports files it is unable to repair, although a restore point could resolve that if the corruption was due to the conflict with v3.0.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Sadly, I never did get either to work, but when I ran sfc /verifyfile it said no integrity problem so I stopped there. Secunia PSI was just a total wipeout but after spending all morning on it and uninstalling it a couple of times my patience ran out. I admire you guys who can make sense of all these changes. Thanks again to both of you. Have a great day/month/year/life.