Banned Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up Upgraded Hardware

Bumped my Windows 10 x64 VM up from 1 processor & 2Gb RAM to 2 processors & 4Gb RAM. WOW, what a difference!! Immediately a very, noticeable, performance improvement.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Drew, long time.
    Well, I am on W-10 TR for the last 30 minutes. The install was smooth, I had first D/L'd the 64 bit .iso, much to my regret, this old Lenovo is 32 bits; then, I could not use the same machine to get back on the D/L site and get the 32 bit versions, I used another machine, 64 bits, and got it. Nobody seemed to mind. Install is done !

I find it quite snappy, as a matter of fact very much so. This machine is on a Pentium, 2-core, at 2.66 Mhz, 500 mbs HD.

Much to my pleasure, I can run all my old apps, first to be tried was Office 2000, hurrah !

Further comments as I get all of my apps running. I do think that this is going to be a winner at least for me, so far.

My being late in getting going was due to me being in the boonies still, got home Tuesday evening. Have a nice day. Jean.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Jean,

Well, Hello there, my friend. Indeed, yes, nice to see you, again, too.

Yes, Win10, certainly, is snappy. Have fun w/ it. It has some useful Features & I find 1 that makes it appealing & easy to use is a 'less is more' thing. By that I mean, no Hot Corners, no 'hidden' stuff, nothing that pops out or disappears into edges and one can get @ everything w/out Tiles & w/out changing screens, w/out leaving Desktop.

Keep in touch.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Thanks
    It has some useful Features & I find 1 that makes it appealing & easy to use is a 'less is more' thing. By that I mean, no Hot Corners, no 'hidden' stuff, nothing that pops out or disappears into edges and one can get @ everything w/out Tiles & w/out changing screens, w/out leaving Desktop.
    These were the same "features" you thought were good in Windows 8 when I complained about them. I fully agree getting rid of hidden Hot Spots is a big step forward.

Jerry