Lounger
    Thanks

Opinions about SpeedFix tool?

Has anyone in the lounge used the subject program? Is it any good; worth trying or buying? I read some glowing reports about it, but they were on the developers website (speedfixtool.com), so I don't really trust them all that much.
    Thanks,
    Lorraine
    Lorraine in Westbank, BC

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    There seems to be a consensus here not to use registry cleaners, so I'd say it's $30 wasted. (Just my 2c)

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    There seems to be a consensus here not to use registry cleaners, so I'd say it's $30 wasted. (Just my 2c)

cheers, Paul
    Thanks Paul,

Not sure why I even asked this question (or downloaded that file) because I have JV PowerTools VIP Platinum, which will do the same thing as SpeedFix. This is a suite of maintenance programs that was recommended by Fred Langa (in the old LangaList) some years ago. I do an image backup every week (to both an extra internal and external drive) and always do a registry clean with JVPT beforehand). I also have JVPT make a backup of the changes it makes. So far, I haven't encountered any problems with it.

I do wish I'd found the TweakHound website before I bought my Win 7 computer. I've bookmarked the site so I can give my computer guy (who builds custom systems for DH and me) better info on how I want it set up, when I move to Windows 10.

Thanks so much for the info.

Lorraine
    Lorraine in Westbank, BC

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I like building my own systems from parts. Then I get just the bits I want the way I want them.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRain63 View Post
    Has anyone in the lounge used the subject program? Is it any good; worth trying or buying? I read some glowing reports about it, but they were on the developers website (speedfixtool.com), so I don't really trust them all that much.
    Thanks,
    Lorraine
    No, and I would not suggest you try it either.

Scamadviser doesn't trust them either.
    And the Scams Never Stop
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRain63 View Post
    Thanks,
    Lorraine
    I have not. But, as an IT Pro owning an IT Consulting & Support company for a few years I recommend against using any such tools. Nothing that alleges to speed up, fix or improve your PC's performance. Nor anything that messes about in the Registry. The only utilities we recommend in addition to a security program, such as Windows Defender is Malwarebytes & CCleaner and ONLY the Cleaner part of CCleaner.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Thanks
    ...for those with Auslogics or Wise Registry Cleaners - yes, ONLY the cleaner part. Leave any registry compression and whatever else is being sported alone. Wise Disk Cleaner has worked well for me. However, Clint & Drew are right: do not mess with anything promising a Swiss-Army-Knife approach to cleaning, performance-enhancing, etc.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Banned Member
    Thanks
    For all my years as an IT Pro/Consultant/Tech I have, always, advised my clients & people in general, to not play in the Registry, pretend it is not there, that it doesn't exist. Kind of like telling children not to play in the traffic. Take care of drives, keep them clean of junk & unnecessary files but, leave the darn Registry alone!

Cheers,
    Drew

Thanks
    Drew, you're correct! I was aiming the registry comment at those who are medium level pc operators Beginners should not be playing with registry cleaners.

[added my missing word "are"]
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2014-11-06 at 15:18.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    Drew, you're correct! I was aiming the registry comment at those who medium level pc operators Beginners should not be playing with registry cleaners.
    Thank you. Hell, I'm no beginner & still, leave it be. Practice what I preach.

Cheers,
    Drew

Thanks
    Drew, We gotta do whatever works for each of us Over the years, I've added some doings, substracted some doings, it's a lifelong process.
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2014-11-07 at 10:10.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Oh yes. Computing keeps changing & we have to change w/ it.

Cheers,
    Drew