3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2013 in Office365 is not stable.....

I have always enjoyed Outlook's functions, and use them extensively! But I don't know about Outlook 2013 in Office 265, and feel really frustrated, because I have so much historical data in PST archives that I don't want to lose.

I connect to a mail server that runs Mailenable Enterprise, and I use their MAPI Connector. This means that whatever changes I make in Outlook are replicated on the Server, and immediately reflect on any other device that is connected to it, like my smartphone, or iPad. This works fine, - most of the time.

Around once a month I need to re-configure the Outlook profile, because it gets corrupted. The mails don't synchronise properly, and there are mails that get lost, I draft an e-mail, and send it and Outlook reports it sent, but the mail then vanishes some 5 minutes later (and was never sent) - this is when I know its time to re-do the Outlook Profile!

It should not be that much of a problem, except that I connect to several different mail accounts, and have several different archive PSTs to connect to. This normally takes around an hour to set up again, and then I need to re-customise the way I like to use Outlook (hide the reading pane, etc).

Is there any way that I can avoid this, or set up a batch file that will re-create all my accounts and connections for me?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Basically there are two folders where the outlook data is kept:

C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsof t\Outlook
    C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Outlook

Your .pst files may be here or not, so if they are and you back them up, be sure not to overwrite the latest ones with the ones you backed up.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you need to setup a new profile that often because the current profile is corrupted you should spend some time trying to diagnose the cause of the corruption.

Are you running the most current version of the MAPI connector?
    Have you checked with Mailenable Enterprise support for problems with Outlook 2013?
    Is Outlook 2013 and all of Office up-to-date with patches?

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi JoeP517
    Yes - I have all the latest updates as well as the latest MAPI connector. When I re-create the Outlook Profile, mails work properly for a couple of weeks, then just start slowing down, until eventually, I get too frustrated with the Not Responding messages and delete and re-create a new profile. I am now doing them about once a month!

Mailenable says its Outlook, and MS says its Mailenable..... normal pass the buck situation.

Has anyone else experienced this?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    Basically there are two folders where the outlook data is kept:

C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsof t\Outlook
    C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Outlook

Your .pst files may be here or not, so if they are and you back them up, be sure not to overwrite the latest ones with the ones you backed up.
    Thanks Ruirib - I do know where the pst / ost files are kept but is always good to have it on record! :-)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    It should be said that there is some possibility that the MAPI connector has something to do with your troubles. That is a variable that you don't find many times when working with Outlook, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of something going wrong with it. The only way to test it, though, would be to run without the MAPI connector for a sufficiently long time to allow for "errors" to happen. If you do are having to change profiles once a month, I would try running without the MAPI connector for a couple months, if no errors occur during that time.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Has either Mailenable or Microsoft had you enable logging in Outlook? See What is the Enable logging (troubleshooting) option?.

How large are your PST files - active & archive?

Joe