New Lounger
    Thanks

Where is that Backup article?

I recently saw a really good article by Fred Langa showing how to back up with Windows 7 tools but I'm blowed if I can find it now. Can anyone give me a link to this or to any other 'Backups for Elderly Dummies' type article. I really do not know what eg. a Mirror Image is and what I should be backing up on my computer. I already have a Windows Repair Disk, made at the time I first got my Windows 7 computer. I really want to backup my documents and pictures but what else should I be doing. I have a 500GB external hard drive.

Thanks in anticipation of anyone who can help.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If you want to use the built-in Windows backup see Build a complete Windows 7 safety net.

There are various other backup tools recommended by Loungers for making a complete image of your system. I'm sure someone will chime in with their favorite.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe - this is really good and Fred Langa must have repeated this article recently. Do you think it is important to include the Mirror Image option as it appears to be a considered option?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I generally opt for a complete system image of a PC when doing a back up. If by mirror image that is what you mean then yes. If you mean drive mirroring in a raid setup then I do not believe that is necessary.

Joe