5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question OneNote 2010 - not copying pictures and embedded objects?

I save a lot of material from the web and other sources on OneNote. Until recently, whenever I copied something off the web, everything, text, figures, pictures, etc., would copy okay. In the past week or so, pictures and embedded objects are not copied. The text copies correctly and on first look, placeholders for pictures, etc., are present, but then something happens and the placeholders disappear. I then have to copy the pictures or embedded objects, one at a time over to the OneNote page and this works okay, except it takes a lot of extra time. I do not know what is going one with this so that embedded objects, images, etc. do not copy. Maybe I have done something to reset something - don't know. Any insight that anyone can provide as to how to rectify this situation so that everything gets copied on the first pass will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ron M
    Last edited by Ron M; 2014-10-16 at 13:18.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Any specific browsers involved? If so, have you tried with a specific browser?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    Any specific browsers involved? If so, have you tried with a specific browser?
    Internet Explorer 10 is the browser, but guess what? For some unknown reason, "it" started copying pictures again. Problem is resolved, but not "solved", because this was the second or third time that this has happened in the past year - starts randomly and stops randomly - go figure

I am still interested in finding a solution, better yet has anyone else ever had this problem...

Ron M

Administrator
    Thanks
    I confess I mostly paste links, but in the few circumstances where I do copy the full contents, this never happened.

If it happens again, I would suggest you try using another browser, just to remove the browser from the equation (or confirm that the problem is IE 10).
    Another option is to try the Send to OneNote option, available in IE, to send the whole page to OneNote and see if the issue still persists - of course, if this works, you can use this as an alternative and simply remove the unwanted parts, after using this option.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rui, thanks for the suggestion about the "Send to..." option. I had forgotten that one.

Ron M

Administrator
    Thanks
    You're welcome. One way or the other, hope you can keep it working .
    Rui
    -------
    R4