2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Getting error: "Query is too complex". Any help?

Running Win7-64bit pro, Access 2010. I have an Access system that's been working for along time. I'm adding more functionality, but running into this error problem. How do I figure out what the limits are for Access 2010? I have 30 Tables, 210 Select queries, 25 Union queries, 8 Make Tables, and 20 reports. If those numbers don't exceed whatever the limits are, then the specific series of queries that is failing is about 20 steps of Selects, Find Unmatcheds, and Unions. The largest two objects have about 3000 records, but the rest of the objects are a few hundred records at most.
    Thanks for any help
    Bob

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This has nothing to do with limits in Access. Something in your query is causing access to scratch it's head and wonder what you want. I have databases with hundreds of thousands of records in tables with no problem. Many times it is best to break down really complex queries into smaller queries that you combine later. You can also gather your data into a table built specifically for your queries, then just query that table. It is easy to dump the table data then run a series of queries to populate the table. You can automate the whole process with a macro or through code. Your queries basically create temporary tables with the data anyway, this just gives you more control. Once everything you want is in a table or a couple of tables it is much simpler to pull it out in a single query. This process is fast and simple.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Caveman
    Bob