Thread: OneNote

Banned Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up OneNote

I am not going to go into a lot of detail here, just want to suggest that if you have not used OneNote take a look at what all this very handy & capable product can do & offer you. It has heaps of, really, practical, everyday uses & applications. Comes in both APP & Desktop versions.

And, now, here's a wee anecdote for you to show just one little thing that makes it cool. Let's say you come upon an article in IE that has great photos in amongst the text. You want to share the article w/ a friend. You could > File > Send > Page by E-mail... the E-mail will not have the photos. BUT, instead, > Tools > Send to OneNote. When it is put into OneNote the great photos will be there, too. Then all you have to do is > Share, select E-mail & send the whole article, including its photos!

Anyway, it is super useful. Oh, yeah and it's FREE, too. Check out all the helpful ways you can make use of OneNote.

Cheers,
    Drew

Thanks
    I use OneNote 2013 daily and really like it.
    I have a document (both sides of a cashiers check) that I scanned into pdf and then inserted that into OneNote. The document appears in portrait but I would like to view it in landscape. I did open view, then paper size, but portrait was greyed out so I couldn't change the view there. I tried going back and re saving the document in landscape but that didn't work either. Is there something I'm missing?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    I use OneNote 2013 daily and really like it.
    I have a document (both sides of a cashiers check) that I scanned into pdf and then inserted that into OneNote. The document appears in portrait but I would like to view it in landscape. I did open view, then paper size, but portrait was greyed out so I couldn't change the view there. I tried going back and re saving the document in landscape but that didn't work either. Is there something I'm missing?
    I have to admit, w/out trying to replicate & find time to look into this, I don't know the answer. For the moment, I wonder if you could change the view of the PDF using Adobe Reader instead of Reader? Just a stab in the dark, sorry. Maybe someone else can tell you if there is a way w/in OneNote. Right now, I can't say. Again, sorry.

Cheers,
    Drew

Thanks
    Yea, that is exactly what I tried drew...... Oh well!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    How did you insert the pdf file? If you choose Insert tab, File Printout, you can right click the result, choose Rotate Printout and rotate it 90 right or left.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    I'll give that a go and let you know
    Thanks John

Thanks
    I'm not sure if this needs to be a new thread, so if you mods feel it needs to please feel free to move.
    I am trying to change the name of a notebook in OneNote 2013. Yes, I have changed the name in properties, but the name is still showing the original name when I look at the notebooks that I have. When I click on the original name it does however open the newly named one, but of course that makes sense. I have read over or on some of the forums that you cannot rename a notebook as it would then break the OneDrive connection?.. and I have read that yes you can rename the notebook, and one author stepped through it but that didn't work.. so what is the answer guys and gals can I change the name of a notebook or can't I. I very rarely use the open notebooks, as I have my used daily ones already open, but still!!!!
    Thanks John

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if this needs to be a new thread, so if you mods feel it needs to please feel free to move.
    I am trying to change the name of a notebook in OneNote 2013. Yes, I have changed the name in properties, but the name is still showing the original name when I look at the notebooks that I have. When I click on the original name it does however open the newly named one, but of course that makes sense. I have read over or on some of the forums that you cannot rename a notebook as it would then break the OneDrive connection?.. and I have read that yes you can rename the notebook, and one author stepped through it but that didn't work.. so what is the answer guys and gals can I change the name of a notebook or can't I. I very rarely use the open notebooks, as I have my used daily ones already open, but still!!!!
    If I am understanding your query correctly... when you open OneNote there should be a list on the right. Rt Clk on any one of the titles of those items and it gives a menu w/ Rename @ the top.

Cheers,
    Drew

Thanks
    those on the right, would be the sheets in the notebook. For Example: NoteBook Name = Recipes Sheet name = Chili
    Those I know how to change it is the overall notebook name that I wish to change.
    Thanks John

Banned Member
    Thanks
    those on the right, would be the sheets in the notebook. For Example: NoteBook Name = Recipes Sheet name = Chili
    Those I know how to change it is the overall notebook name that I wish to change.
    Ah. Sorry, know of no way or ability for that... unless you would want to Close it & make another w/ a new, different, name... 'ugly' approach, maybe but, just a thought.

Cheers,
    Drew

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Thanks
    The more I use OneNote, the more questions that I have. In the Microsoft Office Blogs' OneNote section, I read the article about take a note and Google. I gave it a go with Cortana as it says that that works too. Does it work? well the answer is yes and no. On my WP 8.1 I can bring up Cortana and dictate a note easily enough, but! it doesn't put the note into quick notes. Instead for some unknown reason it puts the note into my recipe notebook under Hamburger Recipes? I've learned that in order to make OneNote really useful to me, that I needed to leave the my Quick Notes at the top of my open notebooks.
    Anyone have an idea as to why this may be happening and how it can be fixed/

Merry Christmas
    John
    Thanks John

Thanks
    I finally received the OneNote Modern? update yesterday. This is the update that allows the password protection of a section. That is all well and good, but the protect icon is greyed out. Windows 8.1 RT
    Thanks John