New Lounger
    Thanks

XY Scatter with vertical bars in background

The lecture of http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...-Vertical-Band inspired me to insert vertical coloured bars in the background of a Scatter graph. In the mentioned post the trick was to draw lines that looked like bars. The drawback is that they can not be coloured. I wonder if that is possible and how.

I also read http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ticalBand.html but it applies to a bar chart, not a scattered one and I was not able to apply it.

A very simple chart is attached. Working with Excel 2007, but other versions are fine.
    Background-Vertical-Bars.xlsx

Anyone can send me any ideas, clues or even better a way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
    Juan

Thanks
    I created the attached using the peltier tip you posted. A stacked bar chart, Some key items:
    Turn the original data into an XY chart after the other groups have been added and put on sec axis
    Use the interval as the range to plot for the stacked bar.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sdckapr For This Useful Post:

jcarlosd (2014-10-21)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try creating the two layers as separate charts, setting them up the way you want. Then set the background and/or other colors in the top one to semi-transparent(it's in the color-picker at the bottom), finally drag the "top" graph right over the top of the "bottom" one. This is a trick that will let you do all sorts of "interesting" charts.

Regards
    Gordon

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, sdckapr
    Your solution was simple and it worked. I took some time to reply and thank you, because I was trying to put everything in VBA code, so I can reproduce it with other data and charts.

Juan