Thanks

Intel® Identity Protection Technology

The complaint is often heard about manufacturer pre installed sw. I am finding one does not really need their help in this reguard. Case in point the Intel® Identity Protection Technology plugin for FF. Which I am guessing got installed with the chipset driver package.
    How does Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT) work?

Intel IPT with One-time password (OTP)

Intel IPT strengthens network and web site access with second factor authentication using OTP tokens. When a user visits a website that uses Intel IPT from an Intel IPT-enabled device, after user opt-in, the website can provision the embedded OTP token and bind it to that user’s account. The OTP token generates a single-use password that expires after just 30 seconds. Web properties of enterprises can use this OTP token in conjunction with a username and password to get strong two-factor authentication. Since this token is built right into the device hardware, it is much more convenient for users to use and cheaper for businesses to deploy and manage. It also doesn't incur per transaction charges like SMS, which can build up over large volume usage. Intel IPT with OTP is available on all PCs using 3rd generation or later Intel® Core™ processor, and select Intel® Atom™ processor tablets and phones.
    What/who uses this ?

Last edited by wavy; 2014-10-19 at 15:40. Reason: clarity
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks

Thanks
    Not something the average user would use for anything at this time is my take. I am having a deja vu feeling about this, think cpu id stuff from ~ 10 years ago??
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Does look that way. Only time will tell.