New Lounger
    Thanks

OneNote 2003: Alphabetical sorting?

I know there's a OneNote 2007 and 2010 sort page program add-on, but is there one at all for the 2003 version of OneNote?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Sorry but NO. According to a comment dated 1 May 2007 at Sort Pages powertoy the functionality enabling this add-on was introduced in OneNote 2007.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

Rynn21 (2014-10-20)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Evernote it is then.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Why not a newer version of OneNote? It is free and multi-platform.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    For one I cannot find a "free" version of OneNote other than 2013 and I can't stand the Win8 look or the way it is Cloud based.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynn21 View Post
    For one I cannot find a "free" version of OneNote other than 2013 and I can't stand the Win8 look or the way it is Cloud based.
    How is 2013 cloud based? You can store all your notes locally without any use of the cloud.

I also don't see how it looks "Windows 8" like. The interface is pretty much the same as it was in Office 2010 and neither goes much away from what it always has been, as far as I can remember (and OneNote has been my number 2 Office app, after Oulook, for the last 9 years).

You can, of course, go the Evernote path, I just think the reasons you stated to ditch OneNote are really not something I can agree with (not that it matters much).
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It looks very much like Windows 8 style when installing, even the web page does. It tried to make me sign in a Microsoft account before I could open it. I like being able to sort things in a specific way, and as someone who runs a computer business Evernote has what I need to find my customers the easiest. It's not like I'm trying to make anyone ditch OneNote. It's all just personal taste, same as your own.

Administrator
    Thanks
    It looks very much like Windows 8 style when installing, even the web page does. It tried to make me sign in a Microsoft account before I could open it. I like being able to sort things in a specific way, and as someone who runs a computer business Evernote has what I need to find my customers the easiest. It's not like I'm trying to make anyone ditch OneNote. It's all just personal taste, same as your own.
    Look, the decision to go with Evernote is yours and I have no comments on that, as you correctly state it, that is your choice. What I cannot agree is with your two statements regarding OneNote, which have no grounds. It seems to me that they are the results of a rushed evaluation.

You can't really evaluate an interface by the look of the installer, OneNote's 2013 interface has nothing to do with Windows 8:

CaptureOneNote.JPG

Also, even if you were asked to sign to a Microsoft account, as far as I can tell, actually signing with a Microsoft account is not required. For those of us who prefer to use the cloud, OneNote integrates perfectly with OneDrive and that's why you were asked to use a Microsoft Account. If you use the desktop version of OneNote, you can use it without a Microsoft account.

Again, it's your choice to use Evernote, but people will come here and read this thread and that's why I want to make sure neither of your statements regarding OneNote 2013 will mislead anyone who may want to try OneNote and does not know the app that well.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I never said the actual OneNote interface looks like Win8. I said the web site and installation.
    Literally all I said at the start of this was "Evernote it is then." Chow.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I never said the actual OneNote interface looks like Win8. I said the web site and installation.
    Literally all I said at the start of this was "Evernote it is then." Chow.
    This is what you said. Looks pretty clear to me.

As it turns out, both statements are wrong. End of thread for me.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    And after a response from you I said this:
    "It looks very much like Windows 8 style when installing, even the web page does."

...:\