New Lounger
    Thanks

How to make an OR'ed registry key

I use a VPN so today I applied KB 2977292 to adjust Microsoft Extensible Authentication Protocol (which enables the use of TLS 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2, most often used for VPN connectivity), after which I have to manually add a registry key. The registry key can have 1 of 3 possible values or any OR'ed combination of the values, if I want to support multiple TLS versions.

I have no problem setting the key, but this OR'ed combination usage is beyond my expertise and peaks my interest. Searching the net and this forum has been, so far, fruitless.

Does anyone know how to make (or lead me to information on how to make) an OR'ed registry entry?

Thanks
    Assuming that you really mean ORed rather than XORed, then it's a simple matter of combining the bits:
    FieldA: 01011011
    FieldB: 00110010
    ----------------
    Result: 01111011

The way it works is that by comparing the various bit positions. Take the first position for both fields. If any one of them is a 1 bit, the result is 1. Only if both are 0 bits then the result is 0. Go onto the second position... and so on.
    Last edited by BATcher; 2014-10-21 at 04:08.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BATcher For This Useful Post:

riovistade (2014-10-22)