Thanks

Local v MS accounts

I currently have a local account, converted (?) from an MS one. Seeing what happened when I installed W10 - it picked up my settings from my MS account, which is now quite different to the local one - I was wondering about that if I was to convert back to an MS account (on 8.1), would I be able to keep all my (local) settings? I have the start screen bullied into what I want (and I'm glad that W10 allows me to do this as well as having a start menu for all you dinosaurs ) so I would hate to have to reconfigure it, as well as the desktop backgrounds I have.

This is a bit of a hypothetical question, though if someone can convince me it would be a good idea....

W10 is currently updating (but that's for another forum!)

Thanks
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft account should have no impact on your local settings including the Start Screen settings.

Jerry

Thanks
    Thanks Jerry. I see that no one has tried to convince me to make the change though!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I use a Microsoft account, have always used since it was available and I won't do otherwise. I love the fact that I can update my contacts in my laptop, Windows phone or the web and everything gets synced everywhere. I like it that my access to the files on my OneDrive is made easier this way. I honestly see no reason to move to a local account.
    Rui
    -------
    R4