5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Solving problems with VirtualBox virtual PCs

LANGALIST PLUS

Solving problems with VirtualBox virtual PCs

By Fred Langa

Virtual PCs are a complex blend of real and simulated hardware; problems can often be fixed with a step-by-step, refresh-and-simplify approach. Plus: What to do when Win7 won't install the useful "Clean up system files" update, and a fix for a near-fatal Win8 Registry problem.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/langalist-plus/solving-problems-with-virtualbox-virtual-pcs/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2014-10-22 at 20:05.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    One interesting thing Fred, when I installed the Windows technical preview in VirualBox, performance was terrible. I used the "check for update" option in case I had missed an update, but it told me that there were no updates available. The preview was unusable, and I couldn't believe everyone was experiencing this, so I decided to check the web site, only to find there was a later version of VirtualBox available, and installing it resolved my issues. Moral seems to be don't rely on the built in version checker!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah; new for over a week that there was an update to Virtualbox but every time I did an update check, it said I was running the latest version. Just downloaded and installed the update without a hitch (outside using the internal check of course). Not sure why VB didn't detect the update.