New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 - saved PST's from dying HDD, put in new Outlook install and no Calendar Items

Good Day All,

A friend called in a panic, her HDD was failing. I got a new HDD and did a complete re-install, from Win7 Pro up. Installed Office 2010 and set up her email addresses, pointing them to the existing PST files I copied off the old drive. All her emails are there... happy, happy.

Last night I received a text from her that all the items in her calendar(s) are missing. I had thought that calendar items were saved in the PST files? Don't quite know where I went astray.

Regardless of this fact, she has been using the new Outlook setup for 3 - 4 days now. Without losing all her new emails, what are my options?

My thought was to import from the old PST and only select Calendar. Would this work? Is there a better option? in my search to rectify the problem, one fellow says if you import, all the calendar items would have "copy" on them.

Any insights are appreciated

Thanks in advance,
    Grant

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    If there are several pst files, there will be multiple calendars. Has your friend checked each one?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    ruirib,

Cannot say for sure but she is fairly savvy when it comes to Outlook. I am assuming she checked all the PST's.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I would ask her to check again. Calendar data is kept in PST's, no doubts about that.
    Rui
    -------
    R4