2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

network state of grace

Does win 7 have a "state of grace," some function of network protocols where all sins are forgiven, where we can go back to zero and start over?

Simple things like printing to a wireless printer are such a huge hassle on my wife's computer (w7 home), she has taken to e-mailing them for me to print. She sent a one-page doc file to the printer yesterday which went into some kind of limbo. It printed THIS MORNING when she turned her computer back on.

Something is fundamentally wrong where nobody on the forum has been able to tell me how to get permission to share folders between these two boxes that are 8 m apart.
    Dan Lynch
    The stonecherub

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Perhaps this article will help you to share files http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w...&v4h=winxptab1

Use the dropdown if you want to set up a Win 8.1 machine.

Is the printer also installed on your wife's machine ?
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-10-24 at 12:22.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Also in those advanced sharing settings, allow public folder sharing with other computers and try using just those for sharing, at least for a while as a bench test since they are streamlined for sharing.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    She sent a one-page doc file to the printer yesterday which went into some kind of limbo. It printed THIS MORNING when she turned her computer back on
    I've seen that happen with ePrint, usually don't bother with it for home users but I can see where business travelers could make use of it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecherub View Post
    ...Something is fundamentally wrong where nobody on the forum has been able to tell me how to get permission to share folders between these two boxes that are 8 m apart.
    See my #8 post at XP Computer on a Windows 7 Network
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.