4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Chrome won't open

I have been using Chrome for a long time and all of a sudden today, it won't open. It shows up on the taskbar, if I click a link, like in an e-mail, it will open a new window with that link but I can only see it if I hover over the Chrome Icon on the Taskbar. If I try to click on it when the little preview window shows up, nothing happens. I have tried running Chrome as an administrator and opening an incognito window. Nothing works. I have also uninstalled it and re-installed it. Internet Explorer seems to be working fine.

I am using a Toshiba Satellite C55-A and running Windows 8.1 with all the latest updates. Any ideas on why this won't work? Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You could try the Anvi Browser Repair Tool but as you've reinstalled Chrome then it may not be able to do anything with it.

Click on the Chrome icon in the left pane before you allow it to effect any repairs and then you can uncheck anything you want it to leave alone.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I rolled back to a restore point from 2 days ago, when I know it worked and that didn't change anything. This is maddening! I don't want to have to learn how to use IE all over again.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Sudo, I tried running Anvi, first with the default settings and then I told it to repair all. Neither did the trick. It is the weirdest thing, I don't know what could have changed.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    One more piece of information, when I opened Task Manager, before running the Anvi tool, I had 10-12 instances of Chrome.exe running, after closing Chrome. I closed those manually by using End Task, (or Process, can't remember which) Now, after running the Anvi tool, those instances close on their own. So something changed but it still isn't working.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This could be why it isn't working http://polizeros.com/2013/11/09/comp...google-chrome/

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That did it! Hallelujah!!!

Thank you Sudo, I thought I was losing my mind. I really appreciate your help. I don't what I could have done to trigger that. Thank you again.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Google to the rescue again - Glad that worked for you.