3 Star Lounger
    Lewes, East Sussex, Sussex, United Kingdom
    Thanks

2 databases on 1 big screen

Can anybody help me on this one.....

I have a two monitors running off one PC using a Matrox GE-450 graphics card creating a large virtual screen. Each monitor displays a separate read-only Access 2000 database, which is updated from various 'feeder' databases on the server. The main form has a timer event which causes its display to be refreshed every minute or so. The form contains several controls which have conditional formatting to make them turn red when certain conditions apply.
    These monitors are wall-mounted & have no user input at all.

My problem is that the forms are updated with data OK, but the controls lose their colour intermittently, i.e. they show the default colour even when they should be
    red. I have a form.Refresh and form.Repaint and Doevents each time the form is updated, but this does not seem to apply to the colours. However, if I click with a mouse on the form the colours re-appear. So how can I ensure that the colours appear automatically without any user input.

Any assistance gratefully received...

Nick Boddington

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 databases on 1 big screen

I'm <big>NOT</big> thrilled with conditional formatting in Access 2000. It doesn't behave the way you would logically expect it to, and it isn't reliable. I generally use the same methods I used in earlier versions of Access because they work the same way every time. Unfortunately, you have to work harder to set them up, so there are trade offs. Have you tried periodically requerying the control that's supposed to turn red. That might kick it into paying attention, and it doesn't take long to requery a control.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 databases on 1 big screen

I don't think it has anything to do with the GE-450.

What if you throw in a call to the form's Activate event at the end of the timer event.?. and add the repaint / doevents to it...
    Or maybe better to add Me.SetFocus at the end of the timer event. This would simulate clicking on the form with the mouse. (or set focus to a control on the form)
    No specific logic why, and it doesn't cost anything to give it a try....

Later,
    Bruce