Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts

Great Deal on WD 1TB Portable Drive

Hey Y'all,

I sure wish I was in need of more external storage (I actually have more than I need now!).

Staples has a WD 1TB USB 3.0 Slim drive for $60.00!

You've seen the constant reminders (some might say nagging ) in the Lounge about backing up/Imaging well here's a great price on the needed external storage to get you started. This is good one day only! Today 10/27/2014.

If you're a Staples Rewards Member (free to join) you also get free shipping!

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    ...and if ya need more storage, Newegg has a 2TB Seagate (apparently containing Samsung drives) portable for $80 using EXLWPHC26 through Oct. 28.

Thanks
    apparently containing Samsung drives
    ???
    Thats a strange rebranding.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Hey Y'all,

I sure wish I was in need of more external storage (I actually have more than I need now!).

Staples has a WD 1TB USB 3.0 Slim drive for $60.00!

You've seen the constant reminders (some might say nagging ) in the Lounge about backing up/Imaging well here's a great price on the needed external storage to get you started. This is good one day only! Today 10/27/2014.

If you're a Staples Rewards Member (free to join) you also get free shipping!

HTH
    So you don't really need it? Have I got news for you! I have what I presume is the same drive, and it is wildly successful as a Windows To Go drive, just in case you'd like to give that a try. It physically looks identical to the only originally approved hard drive for W2G (which was 500 GB and had a fancy name, but I suspect that with technical advances that the specs for this drive may equal it in performance). Sorry I missed it by a day - at that price it's great.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post

???
    Thats a strange rebranding.
    From another thread - http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...res-in-reviews, this link: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...le-hard-drives says that Seagate acquired Samsung's drive division a couple of years ago. A bit like cars - who owns what?!

Thanks
    A bit like cars - who owns what?!
    And some are lemons just like cars....
    I am currently researching the purchase of another drive and not finding any easy answers.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.