Thread: Media Streaming

New Lounger
    Thanks

Media Streaming

Try as I might, I can not turn on media streaming in Windows 7. I believe that Windows firewall is to blame. When I try to tick Windows Media Player as a firewall exception, it will not save the setting.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mythagoman View Post
    Try as I might, I can not turn on media streaming in Windows 7. I believe that Windows firewall is to blame. When I try to tick Windows Media Player as a firewall exception, it will not save the setting.

Any ideas please?
    Have a look at "Control Panel/Network and Sharing Centre/Advanced sharing settings" in the "Media sharing" area click on "Choose media streaming options..." to set your preferences.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Coochin, Windows 7 Pro wants the above stuff happening within a Home Network, and within a Homegroup, at least mine does. Would the OP need to make some changes?
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    Coochin, Windows 7 Pro wants the above stuff happening within a Home Network, and within a Homegroup, at least mine does. Would the OP need to make some changes?
    If the OP doesn't have "media streaming" turned on then that could explain why the firewall exception isn't saved.

MediaStreaming.jpg
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.