Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Microsoft Suggestion Box

Even if you’re not a Windows Insider, you can still tell us what you’d like to see in Windows. We now have a Windows Suggestion Box on UserVoice which is open to anyone who wants to send us ideas and suggestions for Windows. For example – if you think it would be awesome if Windows natively supported some file format it doesn’t support today, submit it through the Windows Suggestion Box!

Cheers,
    Drew

Thanks

FWIW that link immediately goes to :
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/home
    using
    FF28 all js on page that is 'visible' enabled in NoScript in Mint Nadia.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post

FWIW that link immediately goes to :
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/home
    using
    FF28 all js on page that is 'visible' enabled in NoScript in Mint Nadia.

I just tried the link in the OP & went correctly to the site/page which has this URL
    https://windows.uservoice.com/forums...re-suggestions
    WSB.JPG

Did not go to the link, URL, site or page you show.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2014-10-29 at 04:04.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    I just tried the link in the OP & went correctly to the site/page...
    The link in the OP works fine in my browsers (IE11 & FF 32.0).
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Still doing the same thing today. I can actually see what I imagine is the intended page for maybe 1/2 second. Curious.. Could this be a cookie thing? or maybe the page wants to see WX..
    Oh well.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Still doing the same thing today. I can actually see what I imagine is the intended page for maybe 1/2 second. Curious.. Could this be a cookie thing? or maybe the page wants to see WX..
    Oh well.

No, because I just opened it just fine in Windows 8.1

Cheers,
    Drew
    thR0V6M5GG2.jpg
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Thanks
    Oh well.
    Since I read the Windows Secrets Newsletter, Issue 454, 2014-10-23, Protecting yourself from POODLE attacks by Susan Bradley, I have worked on three customers' PCs on which IE11 was failing to open webpages on various websites. In each case turning off SSL3.0 in Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced Tab/Security either helped or fixed the problem (one of these PCs had several bad IE toolbars & bad IE "Add-ons" also).
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    I am on FF in MInt with TSL min set to 1.
    I will try at home on a windows machine.
    David

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I am on FF in MInt with TSL min set to 1.
    I will try at home on a windows machine.
    Ok. Will be interested to hear the results of that.

Cheers,
    Drew

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Even if you’re not a Windows Insider, you can still tell us what you’d like to see in Windows. We now have a Windows Suggestion Box on UserVoice which is open to anyone who wants to send us ideas and suggestions for Windows. For example – if you think it would be awesome if Windows natively supported some file format it doesn’t support today, submit it through the Windows Suggestion Box!

Cheers,
    Drew
    I suggest that Microsoft consider paying for ideas, a.k.a. ‘intellectual property’, that it selects for its financial gain. Without a cut of the take, I’ll keep my profit-making ideas to myself.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogberry View Post
    I suggest that Microsoft consider paying for ideas, a.k.a. ‘intellectual property’, that it selects for its financial gain. Without a cut of the take, I’ll keep my profit-making ideas to myself.
    That anything like all the countless (volunteer) hours (& intellect) us Beta Testers have given over 4 Operating Systems to help build them for Global consumers & Enterprise?

Anything like all the countless (volunteer) hours (& intellect) we IT Pros have put into Tech Forums, both Microsoft and 3rd Party (like this one) to be of help to End Users?

It's to benifit other people not, Microsoft but, our fellow humans who use or willuse the Operating systems & other softwares that we test, evaluate and help finalize or about which, we advise for the sake of our fellow man not, Microsoft. What we do for MS helps the people, like us, who use or will use the products.

Also, remember all the whinging & protesting that Microsoft does not listen to the people, to their customers or care what they like, want, dislike or don't want... well, Microsoft IS interested & keen to hear the 'voice of the people' so they can react to it & try to indulge the wish & consider the requests, recommendations and criticsms.

But, certainly one does have choice whether to be part of the process or not.

One is always free to approach Microsoft w/ ideas for purchase or other financial arrangements. Would not be the 1st time they bought something they thought was a good idea. MSE (OneCare), Skype & Minecraft are 3 that come to mind but, there are heaps more.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2014-10-31 at 00:50.

Thanks
    ...we advise for the sake of our fellow man not, Microsoft. What we do for MS helps the people, like us, who use or will use the products...
    We (beta testers) help to identify faults in software that is undergoing development, but too often companies/corporations like Micro$oft don't recognise our contributions to their finished ("final release") products.

Thanks
    I'll settle for that free WX final

Drew, I just tried that link at home. Same results, guess MS just doesn't wanna hear what I might have to say
    FF 10 on XP only the face book blocked by NoScript which would be (besides the chair/keyboard interface) the common denominator. I know some out there use Noscript, any with different results?

update works in explorer and chrome

Last edited by wavy; 2014-10-31 at 12:06. Reason: update
    David

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    We (beta testers) help to identify faults in software that is undergoing development, but too often companies/corporations like Micro$oft don't recognise our contributions to their finished ("final release") products.
    It, certainly, does or can get to feel like that sometimes.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I'll settle for that free WX final

Drew, I just tried that link at home. Same results, guess MS just doesn't wanna hear what I might have to say
    FF 10 on XP only the face book blocked by NoScript which would be (besides the chair/keyboard interface) the common denominator. I know some out there use Noscript, any with different results?

update works in explorer and chrome

I must say, very peculiar you are having any trouble opening this particular web page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast