New Lounger
    Thanks

MS Word 2010 and the Fill from File

Hello all
    I am creating a template that uses the Shape: Fill: From File for the cover image (rather than insert JPEGs as we used to do in the same template with no issues). However, since implementing this, there have been very strange things happening to the display and printing of the image, (even after downsizing them and/or compressing them in Word). It disappears, or shows in the PDF and then turns into a bright blue box. The file sizes bloats suddenly and in one case, corrupted and now won't open (or repair). Of course this could be due to a lot of reasons -- local memory, network issues, graphics cards? -- but just wondered if anyone had had any problem using Word's Fill feature -- or would advise against using it? I am assuming the Fill feature embeds rather than links the image?
    Many thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I haven't used the fill option so I can't advise you on what the problem is. I assume you are doing this to put pictures into a non-rectangular shape (ie crop images to a pre-existing shape).

Can you post a sample document so we can do some testing on it? Have you already tested it on another computer to avoid the possible reasons you listed?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks Andrew, unfortuntely the file is too large to upload (6,608KB) when I do attach file from the advanced reply. Is there another way I can get it to you?
    (apologies for the late reply -- I have been away)
    Ketta

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Ketta

I just put a couple of shapes into a document and did some fills with images. These behaved as expected so I'm not sure if I can reproduce the issue locally but I might see the issue with your file.

If you would like to try sending the file to andrew dot lockton at gmail dot com then I can have a look to see if your doc is any different.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post
    Ketta

I just put a couple of shapes into a document and did some fills with images. These behaved as expected so I'm not sure if I can reproduce the issue locally but I might see the issue with your file.

If you would like to try sending the file to andrew dot lockton at gmail dot com then I can have a look to see if your doc is any different.
    Thank you. I will send the file shortly to that address to see if you have any ideas. Perhaps it isn't the Fill option causing the problems -- but I would like to rule that out if at all possible.