Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Food for thought !

Thanks
    Left over fast food maybe. If MS gives away WX I will buy you a copy

But we can always hope.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Jean,

Certainly, @ this point in time, we cannot be certain but, there is a lot of indication that this WILL be the case. For End User currently running 8.1, definitely & maybe, including 7, as well. There are a few reasons to support this. One a similarity to how the progression went from Win8.0 to 8.1. Two, there is a new & changed philosophy w/ Windows 10 in how it and its updates will be delivered to (licensed) customers i.e. licensed customers have rights based on their ownership to future upgrades and updates. Thre, to be competitive in the marketplace i.e. to be akin to the model of others like Apple. If you bought a new Win10 machine or a Retail copy of 10 you would not pay more, again, future updates /upgrades to the license. But, I do believe, as I read the 'tea leaves', right now, that Win 10 is going to come to Win8.1 users @ no charge once the GA arrives. Also, I'll add a 4th reason... MS is anxious to see Win10 adopted and to have the Platform accepted over 'old' systems, especially the dinosaur of XP but, largely to encourage Folks who did not/do not like 8.1 to go w/ Windows 10; ergo, because, it is felt 8.1 users will find greater happiness w/ Windows 10 they will makes it easy and cheap (attractive, enticing, alluring) for them to do that migration. There is no question MS wants & needs to win over customers and have them w/ a better attitude toward the OS they are using. There is a good chance & great potential for that to happen w/ Windows 10 (more than it did w/ Windows 8.1). And giving them Windows 10 will, absolutely, help towards that end.

I may be proven wrong but, I will suggest that, yes, the Windows 10 Upgrade, will be FREE.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Thanks
    SAS seems to be the trend, maybe a free years subscription for current 8 users.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.