New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy pc broke after inserting usb

Hello,

Yesterday i inserted an usb in my laptop (Asus X750LN-TY110H (windows 8.1)), and he just crashed, and it wont restart anymore. The usb i used has nothing wierd on it (no virus) and i am using it right now on a computer at school without problems. is this a problem of my computer or is it something else?

didnt try to remove batery yet, cus i am not sure if when i do this i still got garantie on my computer.

p.s. there are probably some grammer mistakes

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    didnt try to remove batery yet, cus i am not sure if when i do this i still got garantie on my computer.
    You can remove the battery and the suggestion is to do so, it will not void the warranty. Also unplug the AC power adapter at the same time. Then press the power button for about 8 seconds or just wait a couple of minutes for residual power to drain off. After that put things back in place and try again. I have seen where static electricity can do weird things with mice, keyboards and even USB Thumb/Flash drives. Usually resetting the power 'normalizes' things.

p.s. there are probably some grammer mistakes
    What school are you attending?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    You can remove the battery and the suggestion is to do so, it will not void the warranty. Also unplug the AC power adapter at the same time. Then press the power button for about 8 seconds or just wait a couple of minutes for residual power to drain off. After that put things back in place and try again. I have seen where static electricity can do weird things with mice, keyboards and even USB Thumb/Flash drives. Usually resetting the power 'normalizes' things.

What school are you attending?
    Secundary school in Holland but i am dyslectic and i usually make lots of grammer mistakes :S

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried what you said, but there is 1 problem. I cant get the pc open..... . Seems like that they glued the case down even though there are some bolts on the bottom. I probably have to use my garantie i geuse -.-

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Looking at the right image out of 3 with the label There is no maintenance cover on http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-....115262.0.html does show there is no external access to the battery, would have to disassemble the case to get to it. It's like my MacBook Pro, have to remove the bottom of the case to get access. At this point, if you are not electro-mechanically inclined to take it apart, you'll have to take it to a shop.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you leave it switched off over night, it will have the same effect as a cold boot as the memory will have drained by then, although you could try it again after a couple of hours or so.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thx for replying all. But after some thinking i though it would be smart to just keep it this way and use my garrantie, cus i probably would have damaged the computer if i would try things myself and than its bye bye garrantie. Although, i would have liked it to do it myself.

Greetings

Thanks
    Too late now but in the dry winter months I always try to remember to ground my self against a bare metal part of the case before inserting a usb drive. Some usb ports can be very sensitive, mine will cause a BLACK screen of death instantly on occasion if I forget. Has always recovered but once I had to unplug first.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.