3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Latest but not the best ?

At our company we are rolling out a report viewer to be viewed through the users browser. We are using Crystal Reports v8 and have problems on certain machines. It appears that PCs with IE 5.00.2614.5300 are fine but where a newer version (eg: 5.50.4522.1800 or 5.50.4134.0600 ) is installed, the reports crash. Now the big problem- nearly ALL machines in the company (300) have been upgraded to Outlook 2000 and part of that installation (IEAK) upgrades IE to the latest version. How can we get around this please?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Latest but not the best ?

Edited Response:

Father Jack, Try Crystal Report's knowledge base at http://support.seagatesoftware.com/homepage/. A search for "IE5 Crash" nets a couple of likely causes.
    Karen

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Latest but not the best ?

Fatherjack,

I'm not hugely experienced in Crystal Reports- but it does seem very sensitive to versions of ocx and dll files in the system folder (winnt/system32 in my case).

At times, I've had to resort to either of the brute force approaches:

. Compare all files (including time date stamps) in a computer where it's working against one where it's not

or (even more brute force)
    Copy the whole system32 folder form the working to the non-working.

That's REALLY a last resort, and should only be done after backing up the folder.

But as Karen has said, we're not CR people here, so you will get much better support elsewhere- Seagate should be able to offer you good advice.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.