Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    584
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts

    Windows 10 Update

    I loaded Windows 10 onto a physical machine, a Dell Octiplex 755 with a Quad Core processor, and it worked fine, without issues that I was aware of, until the Windows 10 Update, which I believe was on October 21.

    Windows 10.jpg

    This is an example of some kind of font problem.This is the PC Settings window, but I get the same font problem in Internet Explorer and Firefox, and pretty much anything else that I try to look at.

    Has anyone else seen this? It is probably specific to my computer, or else I would be able to find it on line, which I can't.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator RetiredGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Manning, South Carolina
    Posts
    9,433
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Prescott,

    No, my window seems to be OK:
    TP10Recovery.JPG
    Win 10 TP Build: 9860

    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

    RG

    PowerShell & VBA Rule!

    My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

  3. #3
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prescott View Post
    I loaded Windows 10 onto a physical machine, a Dell Octiplex 755 with a Quad Core processor, and it worked fine, without issues that I was aware of, until the Windows 10 Update, which I believe was on October 21.

    Windows 10.jpg

    This is an example of some kind of font problem.This is the PC Settings window, but I get the same font problem in Internet Explorer and Firefox, and pretty much anything else that I try to look at.

    Has anyone else seen this? It is probably specific to my computer, or else I would be able to find it on line, which I can't.
    If you're talking about build 9860, there is a Windows Update or two you have to install to fix the font issues. Just go to windows update and do a manual search. I'm running 10 on an old Samsung 210 netbook with no problems (after I edited the registry to fix a low resolution setting).

  4. #4
    5 Star Lounger RussB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 50 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjkarl View Post
    If you're talking about build 9860, there is a Windows Update or two you have to install to fix the font issues. Just go to windows update and do a manual search. I'm running 10 on an old Samsung 210 netbook with no problems (after I edited the registry to fix a low resolution setting).
    It may be helpful if you had let everyone know which registry entry needed to be edited and changed to what?
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

  5. #5
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RussB View Post
    It may be helpful if you had let everyone know which registry entry needed to be edited and changed to what?
    That fix, along with the font fix, is from the Win10TR forum. I don't have the specific registry key info at the moment, but it you can install 10 you don't need it.
    Last edited by pjkarl; 2014-11-06 at 15:22.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator jwitalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,792
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked 798 Times in 719 Posts
    I believe it is KB3008956. Just run Windows Update (not Preview Builds)

    Jerry

  7. #7
    Silver Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Forever West
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 259 Times in 248 Posts
    That's what I did to fix the Font issue.

  8. #8
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,522
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 170 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prescott View Post
    I loaded Windows 10 onto a physical machine, a Dell Octiplex 755 with a Quad Core processor, and it worked fine, without issues that I was aware of, until the Windows 10 Update, which I believe was on October 21.

    Windows 10.jpg

    This is an example of some kind of font problem.This is the PC Settings window, but I get the same font problem in Internet Explorer and Firefox, and pretty much anything else that I try to look at.

    Has anyone else seen this? It is probably specific to my computer, or else I would be able to find it on line, which I can't.
    There is an update or 2 via WU that have to go in after Build 9860 is done that will cure this.

    Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

  9. #9
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    584
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    There is an update or 2 via WU that have to go in after Build 9860 is done that will cure this.

    Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg
    It is build 9860, although I'm not sure what it was before the latest updates.

    I was going to check the updates this morning, but when I turned on the Dell Optiplex that has Windows 10 on it, it came up in Loading Updates mode, and then when it did load Windows 10, I opened Internet Explorer, and Firefox, and checked Settings, and the font problem has been fixed.

    Windows 10 fixed.jpg

  10. #10
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,522
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 170 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prescott View Post
    It is build 9860, although I'm not sure what it was before the latest updates.

    I was going to check the updates this morning, but when I turned on the Dell Optiplex that has Windows 10 on it, it came up in Loading Updates mode, and then when it did load Windows 10, I opened Internet Explorer, and Firefox, and checked Settings, and the font problem has been fixed.

    Windows 10 fixed.jpg
    It would have been Build 9860 before the updates. But, now, it has grabbed the necessary Updates I had mentioned. Good to know your 'problem' is solved & gone.

    Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •